Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life is a series of new beginnings, and every passage in time brings beauty to the dance.
~~~~
What a wonderful quote -
it was on a tiny card my dear friend Patricia sent me. In a parcel filled with little treasures too many to mention. What would we do without our friends. It wouldn't be much of a life if we had no dear ones to relate our sorrows or joys to. They would be all meaningless if we had no-one to share them with. My internet friends have been my life line during the 9 years I've been in Canada. It's not been easy being away from my friends back home but through the wonder of internet we can keep in contact at the flick of a switch.
I wonder what the pioneers would think today if they could see how we have progressed. I know they would marvel at the electronic gadgets and air flight and going into space and all the things we take for granted... but would they wish for the quieter times when there were not so many wars, no nuclear weapons, the quieter pace of walking down the gravel roads and just enjoying being there .... no hustle and bustle ... peaceful and lovely ....

No comments: