Sunday, May 18, 2008

Do you know who this wonderful old gentleman is. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle... who created the absolutely marvellous character of Sherlock Holmes. I'm completely addicted to all things Sherlock and lately have been discovering magnificent old movies and series on UTube. All about Sherlock. My favourite Sherlock was indeed Jeremy Brett.. and you can read more about him on my other blog .. A WhimsyDust Affair..
~~
And I'm eagerly looking forward to reading the book which is compiled from the hundreds of letters Conan Doyle sent to his mother when he was a struggling doctor trying to make a living. What an insight that will be into the real Victorian life. The book is out now... and no doubt I'll spend many hours reading through it.. finding out about this clever man who created the greatest detective the world has ever known... :-))

No comments: