Wednesday, November 12, 2008


A birthday card for you .... to save and use ...
click on the image to save it full size..

Something yesterday reminded me of being back in Australia and a young girl and having my mum put the butter on a saucer and sit it near the fire ... so it would melt and she'd be able to put it on our sandwiches. I was talking about what we didn't have back then .. in the fifties and a microwave oven was one of them... so was margarine.... I guess that's why it became so popular because it was soft and more spreadable especially in the winter .... than butter was. :-)
~~
I remember not having a hair dryer .. and having to lean down in front of the fire or the heater to get my hair dry before I could go to school. And of course my lunch went into a brown paper bag ... there was no plastic wrap then either. Makes you wonder how we managed at all without the things we have now... but then again.... I sometimes think we were far better off. People took the time to say hello... you didn't have to lock your doors ... and things went by at a much slower pace.

1 comment:

Blessed With 4 said...

That is what I love about living in the country in South Carolina. You don't have to lock your door, people are friendly and people help others.