Friday, November 28, 2008

Reflections of the Past - the name of my blog.... :-) I am often thinking of my past back home in Australia... when I had my mum and my dad alive and well. Our lives were happy even though our means were meagre. I had no brothers and sisters ... so I had lots of beautiful and cherished pets to adore and play with. Times were so different then. Christmas would come and we'd go up into the bush and find a tree .. often not a pine because they were few and far between but it would be put in a tin bucket filled with water and decorated with the shiny things we had in the big box in the shed.
~~
Gifts were often wrapped in brown paper and I was lucky enough to get cherries and oranges in my christmas stocking. Cherries seemed to be the biggest thing at Christmas. There were certainly no gorgeous children's clothes like I now see here in the shops for little ones or teenagers. Lives were simpler and somewhat nicer ....... Christmas reminds me of those I loved back then and now ...... and yesterday as I put up my tree here in Canada I added a small photo of my darling Wilbur dog in amongst the decorations. I will miss him this year ......

1 comment:

Blessed With 4 said...

Hi Jana...simple is better I think :) Your memories sound beautiful..thank you for sharing. Have a great day!