Wednesday, July 9, 2008


Some old time recipes for you.... some of them look really delicious and easy.
There are stories and interesting facts as well...
~~~
I remember when mum used to make homemade ice cream.... before it ever was on sale in the stores... She also used to hand write out her recipes in an old book and I copied lots of them and brought with me from Australia. I know they are favourites because the pages are blotted with butter stains or crumpled edges ... and I remember having to whip the cream with a hand beater for ages till it was thick. There were no food processors or blenders back then. :-)
I used to stir the fruit in the big boiling pot when we were making jam from our own raspberries or apricots.... we take so much for granted now.

1 comment:

Each Seasons said...

Thanks love ole'fashion stuff.