Monday, June 9, 2008


Gosh these weeks go flying by. I no sooner post to my blog and its time to do it again. :-) Father's day coming up this weekend. I do miss my darling old dad so much. He's buried back in Australia. I remember the days when he would take me fishing... it is such a long time ago. Life back then was easier, quieter and for all the things we did not have it didn't seem to matter.
~~
Sometimes I think about those days and wonder how we managed. Having little money didn't seem to be a great concern. We managed, we had vegetables and fruit in our garden... apple, plum, and cherry trees, raspberries, gooseberries, strawberries, ... chickens and ducks for their eggs ... mum was always making jam of some sort or pies....

I would spend hours digging up the ducks yard so they could get the worms, or building them little ponds to jump in and splash about in. Having no brothers or sisters .. my pets were my friends and I cherished every single one of them. I miss those times.... people were kinder, more gentle and compassionate, friendlier and had good moral standards.
~~
Happy Father's Day dear dad - I miss you terribly.
Look after my beautiful boy Wilbur for me..... I am sure you will be together.

No comments: