Monday, October 8, 2007

More Victorian mysteries I have to read on my bedside table. *(s) My latest visit to the library got me three more of Anne Perry's enthralling books. She has written about one hundred I think and I'm working my way through them .. loving every minute... and each one is like meeting old friends because they have the same characters in them.

Charlotte is married to Thomas Pitt .. the detective... and there is also Inspector Monk and his wife Hester .. who was a nurse in the Crimean war with Florence Nightingale. All the stories are set in England in Victorian times .. and Anne's descriptions of costumes and buildings etc. are wonderful.....

I've just finished the Whitechapel Conspiracy ... about Jack the Ripper and associated links to the throne of England. It was thought the Ripper was the Royal surgeon. Interesting and intriguing.... check out her books if you are wanting a good read ......breathtaking tales of passion, principle and skulduggery, written with her unrivalled skill at evoking the world of Victorian England.

No comments: